I did a one day short course on “Simple Bookbinding” yesterday through the CAE.
I made what is possibly the ugliest book I’ve ever made, but it’s mine and I’m proud of it.
I don’t think I’ll post any detail shots. The tension on stitching the text block was bad so it’s all a bit loose, and the cover didn’t go on well so the inside covers crumpled when I closed it the first time.
Having said that, it was a lot easier than I expected to make a hard bound book like this. I’m sure with a little practice, I’ll get the hang of it.
We finished a bit early, so the instructor took us through some variations on Japanese stab binding.